French Onion Chicken
What you will need:
(4) 4oz. boneless Chicken breasts
½ cup Mustard – can be Dijon, Horseradish, Spicy Brown or Honey – your preference
1 can French’s Onion Rings
Olive oil or non-stick spray
1 gallon size Ziploc bag
1. We filet the breasts to stretch the portions but the recipe is meant for a 4oz boneless breast.
2. Pour full can of onion rings into a gallon size Ziploc bag; squeeze out air and seal
*make sure you get all the air out of the bag…guess why we know this is important?
3. Using a rolling pin, roll over the onion rings to crush into fine crumbs
*if there is air in the bag it will pop and the onion rings will be all over the kitchen!
4. Put onion crumbs into a medium bowl
5. scoop mustard into small bowl
6. brush the breasts in mustard on both sides
7. dip the breasts in the onion crumbs on both sides
8. you can pan fry the breasts until slightly browned or bake breasts in the oven at 350 for 30 mins or until pink juices run clear.
Serve with wild rice, broccoli or string beans.
Nutritional facts per breast